Ideas

View Only
  • 1.  Knowledge Article Body & Capabilities

Posted 10-10-2017 13:03
    I'd like to point out a CSM limitation that will likely prevent our team from leveraging Knowledge Management fully. The actual authorship and creation of knowledge is an old way of writing and collaborating. In a modern system, an analyst or agent who is creating a new article may want to quickly capture a few screen shots and paste them into the article, then add a few bullet points of text or procedures, etc. What if they want to record a short video on how to restore a particular service or show how to fulfill a specific request? Adding media as attachments into a KA is not good enough, it needs to allow embedded media via copy/paste. Authorship improvements and modernization of knowledge management is required if CSM wants customers to stop using SharePoint or other collaborative document storage tools to manage knowledge articles.

In our current state, we want to align KA's to tickets and perform solution searches. We want to report on the popular KA's used, and like the CCTI and categorization capabilities. But for us, rather than hosting procedures, attachments, etc our KA content or body in CSM simply points to one or more urls targeting an external system that holds the related articles. This allows our CSM knowdgebase to be a high level middle layer to connect tickets to solutions or workarounds but it doens't actually contain the solution or workaround.

Until KA's mature and allow for quick and easy authorship, we cannot embrace the knowledgebase as we would like to.

Lastly - some KA's are written specific to orgs or affected services. We need a simple way to export these articles to hand them over to our customer when needed.  Manually copying out info and downloading attachments for each article, packaging them into a zip or other form doesn't work.

If I can be on any help to support improvements in knowledge management, please let me know.

------------------------------
    Twitter: @ThomasConnery

• 2.  RE: Knowledge Article Body & Capabilities

Posted 10-18-2017 12:30
    CSM peers, if you support improved authorship for knowledge articles, please click 'Recommend' on this idea to increase awareness.

At a minimum, I believe an analyst or agent who is working on either a new or existing knowledge article, should be able to copy-paste screen shots into the body or editing area instead of having to save images as files and then attach them to the KA itself. I believe this will greatly improve knowledge base usability.

Your support and feedback is appreciated!

• 3.  RE: Knowledge Article Body & Capabilities

Posted 08-27-2018 13:34
    The KB management is severely limited. We currently use IT glue, but would love to be able to us the same system. Navigation is horrible, being forced to have an expiration date is annoying. While a nice idea, it should be optional. Having zero integration when users open new tickets is counter productive. I would love for a user to be prompted with articles to try based on their submission before it allows them to submit a ticket.

Andrew Raia
    Business Applications Manager
    Moran Towing
    New Canaan