Ideas

View Only

Mobile App - lock ticket on access

• 1.  Mobile App - lock ticket on access

Posted 01-04-2019 07:25
    Something I flagged to the support team and they suggested I raise here.

At the moment if an analyst goes into a ticket from the mobile app it doesn't actually lock the ticket, what this means is that someone using the browser client can then come into the ticket and lock it meaning that when the mobile analyst hits "save" they're unable to.

Feedback from the support team:

"We have checked with our internal team and confirmed it is a mobile app feature.

Here the high preference is given to the web application rather than mobile application.

For example :

1. If a ticket is accessing from a mobile app by some analyst user and the same ticket is accessed by the other analyst user form web application, in this case, the high preference is given to ticket which is open by the web application. It doesn't allow the mobile app analyst user to update the ticket. This is the existing feature of the ISM mobile application. In the mobile app, it shows as ticket locked.

2. If the same ticket is accessed from web application by some analyst user first and the same ticket is accessed by another analyst user from the mobile app, here also the high preference would be given to web application. In the mobile app, it shows as ticket locked.

If the requirement is to lock the ticket in the web application when the same ticket is first accessed by the analyst user through the mobile app?. We request you to create an idea in our community portal."

It's mildly frustrating for the mobile analyst if they're not in a position to contact the analyst using the web browser as effectively they'll now have to cancel their update and re-do at a later time. Depending on team size / level of app usage it probably won't happen very often but I imagine it would put people off using the app if they can't be sure they'll be able to update their tickets?

Would it make sense for the mobile app to have the same level of priority so that this doesn't happen?

------------------------------
    David Shears
    Analyst Programmer
    MNI Services
    ------------------------------