Ideas

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple recipients of ticket communication

Posted 11-27-2017 11:52
    Hi there,
    it would be nice to have the choice to add multiple recipients on a ticket.
    We have some customers that want to be cc'd in all tickets for their organizations. Currently I can;t find a way to do it other than send the worklog as an email and manually add the recipients evry time we have to send an update
    It would be nice to have the possibility to add additional email recipient on the ticket directly so, every time we send a communciation, that email is picked up.

------------------------------
    Mariana Martinez
    Incident Coordinator
    Softchoice
    Oakville ON
    905-847-6800 x 5710

• 2.  RE: Multiple recipients of ticket communication

Posted 12-09-2017 08:41
    I've had a similar scenario to @Mariana Martinez recently in that one of our customers IT Manager is supposed to be copied on "all" emails. I suppose at the moment you could achieve this via custom workflows/communication templates for that customer (if organisation = 'xxx' then use template B which also includes itmanager@customer.com) but if there was an easier way to specify this in the ticket itself I can imagine that would be better.​

David Shears
    Analyst Programmer
    MNI Services

• 3.  RE: Multiple recipients of ticket communication

Posted 12-11-2017 11:54
    It would be nice to have it. But I think it should be possible to select wich commucations a user would receive. For example, I have a team that looks at our SLA. They should receive all SLA breached mails. On the other hand, I have a team responsible for all incidents. They should receive all mails when a new incident is created.

Leonardo Blay
    Senior Analyst
    Infoglobo
    Rio de Janeiro
    +55 21 25349747

• 4.  RE: Multiple recipients of ticket communication

Posted 12-12-2017 09:46
    Hi,

Depending on who you need to add to the email, you can create a workflow action that sends the communication using a pre-set communication template.   You can designate the recipients in that template.

We have a similar scenario where we created a custom attribute called Manager Email that we use for sending specific communications to the manager of the Requester on the ticket.  This is used when sending login information to the manager for a new user.  The communication template is set to use that field (Manager Email) in the To box.  You can even add multiple addresses in the field if you separate them by a semi colon.

Hope this helps. 

Liz

Elizabeth Barlow
    INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY CORPORATION
    DAYTONA BEACH, FL

• 5.  RE: Multiple recipients of ticket communication

Posted 08-27-2018 13:16
    We did this for our IT director by just putting him in all of our support groups, so he get's all the emails that go out to everyone.

Andrew Raia
    Business Applications Manager
    Moran Towing
    New Canaan