Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Enhanced Service Catalog

Posted 08-28-2019 10:14
    Friends good morning,

Doubt!

It would be possible by clicking on the catalog item to expand and open another service catalog within ISM.

for example. Annex 1.

I click on the item "99 TAXI" and by clicking open a service catalog with other catalog items.

My initial idea would be.

Service catalog with catalog item "TAXI".

By clicking on the taxi open another page or save for example with the items (99 TAXI, Uber, ....).

@Richard Graves
    Can you get me this question about ISM?That would be very valuable in my organization.​

------------------------------
    Jefferson Pereira Macena
    IT Analyst
    Fujitsu do Brazil

• 2.  RE: Enhanced Service Catalog

Posted 08-28-2019 11:37
    @jefferson 
    I don't believe this exact approach is possible. The category drop down on the catalog intends to filter the list of catalog items to make it easier for the user to select what they need.

I will see if others have suggestions at Serviceaide.​

Richard Graves
    Serviceaide

• 3.  RE: Enhanced Service Catalog

Posted 08-28-2019 18:06
    OK thank you.

Jefferson Pereira Macena
    IT Analyst
    Fujitsu

• 4.  RE: Enhanced Service Catalog

Posted 08-28-2019 11:38
    I don't think it is possible to create 'nested containers' for catalog items.

In current ISM, 'categorization' and conditional attribute groups (new in Ruby), may be the best approach to address your use case.

Categorization is just a logical segregation and may not offer the 'true' drill-down capability you are looking for, but you can have multiple, discrete catalog items within this category.

The more decent solution would be to use 'conditional attribute groups', which offers a way to drill down to the desired condition. The other beauty of this feature is you don't need to create multiple catalog items and clutter your service catalog, because it covers a broad spectrum of your catalog items with a single catalog item.

Nadeem Ather

• 5.  RE: Enhanced Service Catalog

Posted 08-28-2019 18:07
    OK thank you. I could raise this fact as an idea to be implemented in ISM

Jefferson Pereira Macena
    IT Analyst
    Fujitsu