Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Advanced Reporting 201: Creating a report on Service Feedback Results (Survey, Satisfaction Survey)

Posted 10-20-2015 14:32

Hello everyone,

If you ever decide to send a survey to anyone, the next thing you will need is a way to put the answers together and get metrics and numbers out of it, correct? Well, if you want to do it using Advanced Reporting you will need to do some changes in your domain.

1. Go to your domain designer

If you don't know how to do that, check this document: Advanced Reporting 101: Accessing the Domain Designer

2. Add tables to the domain

You need to add these tables to your domain:

dbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_SCHEDULE

dbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_RESPONSES

dbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONS

If you need help doing it, use this document: Advanced Reporting 101: Adding a new Table to the Domain

3. Create Joins

Create the joins below:

Table NameField Name
    Left TableVAPP_ITEMROW_ID
    Right Tabledbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONSITEM_ID
    Join Type

Left Outer

Table NameField Name
    Left TableVAPP_ITEMSLICE
    Right Tabledbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONSSLICE
    Join Type

Left Outer

Table NameField Name
    Left Tabledbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_SCHEDULEROW_ID
    Right Tabledbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONSSCHEDULE_ID
    Join Type

Left Outer

Table NameField Name
    Left Tabledbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_SCHEDULESLICE
    Right Tabledbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONSSLICE
    Join Type

Left Outer

Table NameField Name
    Left Tabledbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONSROW_ID
    Right Tabledbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_RESPONSESfb_form_notification_id
    Join Type

Left Outer

Table NameField Name
    Left Tabledbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONSSLICE
    Right Tabledbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_RESPONSESSLICE
    Join Type

Left Outer

If you need help creating joins, check this: Advanced Reporting 101: Creating a Join between tables

4. Create Calculated Fields

Because dates are stored in Unix format, you need to create these calculated fields to transform them in timestamp:

Field NameTypeExpression
    date_notificationTimestampEPOCH_TO_UTC_DATETIME(dbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONS.NOTIFICATION_DATE)
    date_respondedTimestampEPOCH_TO_UTC_DATETIME(dbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONS.RESPONDED_DATE)You can simply copy and paste the expression above to the Expression field
    date_valid_untilTimestampEPOCH_TO_UTC_DATETIME(dbo_SFB_FEEDBACK_NOTIFICATIONS.VALID_UNTILL_DATE)
    date_schedule_startTimestampEPOCH_TO_UTC_DATETIME(dbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_SCHEDULE.schedule_start_date)
    date_schedule_endTimestampEPOCH_TO_UTC_DATETIME(dbo_VSFB_FEEDBACK_SCHEDULE.schedule_end_date)

If you need help creating the fields check this: Advanced Reporting 101: Calculated Fields

5. Display your tables

You can create a new set and add all three tables above to it or add just the fields you are going to use for reports. Here are the fields I have added:

6. Close the domain designer

You can follow the second part of the document below for that:

Advanced Reporting 101: Accessing the Domain Designer

7. Create your reports

The joins you created above will allow you to have tickets information along with the surveys responses. That means you can get who resolved the ticket, the requester, CCTI or any other relevant information directly from the Tickets set and use it to filter, group, organize your reports:

Average per question and org:

The Answer average is calculated using a custom measure:

if("answer_submitted" == 'Strongly Agree' or "answer_submitted" == 'Thumbs Up (Liked)', 5, if("answer_submitted" == 'Agree', 4, if("answer_submitted" == 'Neutral', 3, if("answer_submitted" == 'Disagree', 2, if("answer_submitted" == 'Strongly Disagree' or "answer_submitted" == 'Thumbs Down (Dislike)', 1, 0)))))

This expression will convert text responses to values and in the Summary Calculation I set it to Average:

Average trend per question

My slice has just a few surveys answered that I created to build this document. Yours will look much better, I promise.

Here, the chart type is Time Series Spline. And I'm using the ticket's Created Date field for grouping. I recommend using closed date or date_notification. I'm not using them because my charts would look even worse since all dates would be the same

Same information in a Crosstab:

Response Rate by Month

Again, I just keep in mind that I have just a few surveys responded and this will look much better in a system with more data:

Table with questions and answers grouped by ticket

By now you probably got the idea. You can also have reports by Resolved by Group, CCTI, etc. Just use your imagination.

Cheers,

Daniel Sasajima

• 2.  Advanced Reporting 201: Creating a report on Service Feedback Results (Survey, Satisfaction Survey)

Posted 10-20-2015 14:47

• 3.  Advanced Reporting 201: Creating a report on Service Feedback Results (Survey, Satisfaction Survey)

Posted 09-14-2016 13:29

Tried this in my slice. All reports empty but Out of box reports (Standard Reports) shows data. No error received while doing entire exercise of domain design, only part was could not create new set so went with all 3 tables instead of creating new set. Error while creating new empty set was "Domain Schema is empty".

• 4.  RE: Advanced Reporting 201: Creating a report on Service Feedback Results (Survey, Satisfaction Survey)

Posted 03-26-2019 14:00
    Team I am trying to follow this article but there are images that doesn't load and are redirected to a CA site that doesn't allow visualization. Could you please upload the full article in the Serviceaide community. Thanks

------------------------------
    Adriana Rios
    Presales Consultant
    ServiceAide
    Medellín
    +573132462408

• 5.  RE: Advanced Reporting 201: Creating a report on Service Feedback Results (Survey, Satisfaction Survey)

Posted 03-27-2019 05:18
    unfortunately, some attachments did not migrate to the community. If the original poster, @Daniel Sasajima, has it they can share it.​

Richard Graves
    Serviceaide