Forum

View Only
  • 1.  auto route

Posted 07-23-2015 09:51

Good Morning,

I am setting up auto routes for tickets being opened via email.  The subject line will have one key word that determines which auto route to use.  Can I used double % in front and behind that key trigger word/phrase to accept anything before or after that and not have a subject line that matches it entirely? IE   the subject line might say "new ticket for john smith: service"  The name can change to anyone but the trigger word 'service' is what the condition looks for in the auto route.

Thank you

Tracy

• 2.  Re: auto route

Posted 07-23-2015 10:02

Yes Auto Route will accept % as wild card character. The subject line of an email goes into the Description field of a ticket, so you will need to set up the Description field under the Auto Route Matching Conditions. But please note that any ticket satisfying such a matching condition will qualify for this auto route.

• 3.  Re: auto route

Posted 07-23-2015 10:11

So, if my subject line comes in as "john smith : service"  and the service will be static, its my trigger / key word to drive the auto route, the name John Smith can actually be anyones name for attn purposes, using %service% will drive it correctly?

• 4.  Re: auto route

Posted 07-23-2015 10:17

If the subject line of the email contains the keyword “service” then this auto route will apply.

It will apply even if subject line is something like (example)

“I am not able to access the reporting service app”

• 5.  Re: auto route

Posted 07-23-2015 10:31

Thank you very much Neha!!  Perfect!

• 6.  RE: auto route

Posted 06-16-2021 10:35
    Hi,

I have received a request to configure automatic ticket creation from inbound email with the following conditions:

1. When the mail comes from the following mail ids, let the tool make it Sev 2.
    a. User1
    b. User2
    c. ...
    d. UserN
    2. if the mail subject contains both "DOWN" and "PROD" words, let the tool make it Sev 2.
    3. If the Item 2 comes from above mail-ids (Item 1), then it will be Sev 1.
    4. Regarding ticket assignation:
    a. If the mail timing is Australia Time Zone till India 3pm, let it be assigned to India Team
    b. If the mail timing is post India 3pm till India 9pm, let it be assigned to EMEA Team (if there is any)
    c. Else, let it be assigned to US Team

We already have a simple auto route that assignes the ticket to a global User, with Sev4 and I'm looking for ways how to advance the configuration to meet the above requirements.

1. Is it possible to set rules based on sender email address? Which attribute to look at? (Serviceaide support already told me this is not possible)
    2. I understand the email subject goes into ticket Description and there is a possibility to use wildcard % - could you suggest an expression for the combination of keywords as mentioned in this point (looking for "DOWN" and "PROD" ; or "PROD" and "DOWN" in the email subject)?
    4. If I'm not mistaken I would create multiple auto routes and use the "Time" tab to set matching timezones to apply.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Mike

------------------------------
    Michael Kristofic
    Practice Manager
    HCL Technologies
    ------------------------------