Ideas

View Only

ALL I WANT IS TO MAKE CATEGORIZATION A REQUIRED FIELD ON INITIAL CREATION

• 1.  ALL I WANT IS TO MAKE CATEGORIZATION A REQUIRED FIELD ON INITIAL CREATION

Posted 01-29-2020 10:55
    Seriously.  That is all I want.  Wrap it up, put a bow on it and it will make me a happy camper.  Yes, I know you can set it as required fields on Entry Criteria for workflow.  But there are so many holes to setting it that way.  For example: Quick Close on Scratchpad.  While there is a Common Ticket Action that appears to be related to the Quick Close checkbox, setting the requirement on this Common Ticket Action does not seem to actually make it required when using this checkbox (I have tested multiple times and, like Sisyphus, that task has yet to give any rewards).

My dream, for ISM, is to someday go into Administration > Configuration Parameters (or maybe Role Based Views) and set Categorization as Required on create.  It could be across the board.  It could be for just licensed roles.  Something.  I just want to see the little red asterisk next to the field. 

I've been working with this product for close to 10 years and in many iterations and I've held this dream for a very long time.  It would help my clients immensely.  It would help in workflow routing.  Reporting would be so much more beautiful. 

(Thanks for listening to my wish/rant.  I really do like the product but this ONE field has been the bane of my worklife in ISM for years and I don't see it ever changing.  Please give a girl her dream.  Thanks!)

------------------------------
    Sarah Rhodes
    Sr. Lead - ServiceAide
    Stefanini
    Southfield MI

------------------------------