Ideas

View Only
  • 1.  Option to define the CCTI as mandatory field for analyst while creating ticket

Posted 07-27-2017 10:46

We need an option to enable CCTI as mandatory fields for analyst while creating a ticket. Currently we have requester name and description as mandatory fields.

If the analyst does not provide the CCTI details, we should get the pop up message to confirm if the ticket can be saved without the information. This will help the analyst community in providing an additional check for categorizing the ticket.

• 2.  RE: Option to define the CCTI as mandatory field for analyst while creating ticket

Posted 10-19-2017 14:57
    @Sri Venkata Rama Subrahmanyam Vemuri I don't disagree but I believe there is a larger 'idea' on being able to add/change required fields upon initial ticket save or creation. In our case, we wait until after the first 'save' or commit and then check for null fields using workflow actions.  That way, the ticket cannot progress unless the fields we care about, at that particular time, are populated. There is a way to accomplish the enforcement of field population but I agree that being able to better control that within a template or upon ticket creation would be beneficial. ​

------------------------------
    Twitter: @ThomasConnery

• 3.  RE: Option to define the CCTI as mandatory field for analyst while creating ticket

Posted 11-17-2017 08:43
    I think it would be a good idea that we can defined which fields are mandatory for ticket creation.
    For us, we always want CCTI, priority and source.
    Right now we make them mandatory upon 'assignment' that is the next step.
    And CCTI, needs to be saved in order to the assignemt workflow show up. We need to have the CCTI defined before the assignment as it will depend on the CCTI the type of assignment workflow to be available.

Mariana Martinez
    Incident Coordinator
    Softchoice
    Oakville ON
    905-847-6800 x 5710

• 4.  RE: Option to define the CCTI as mandatory field for analyst while creating ticket

Posted 08-27-2018 13:19
    We set these as mandatory fields on our process flows so they cannot RESOLVE a ticket without this information. While it would be idea to have it forced up front, it DOES work in that they will not be able to close a ticket without having the fields we require. This way our reporting data is accurate at least :).

Andrew Raia
    Business Applications Manager
    Moran Towing
    New Canaan